Thursday, May 17, 2007

One year ago...



I was just thinking back to this time last year and realized that yesterday was the anniversary of the first time I got to hold Lathan. Up until May 16 he had been too unstable to be held, and even then I was only able to hold him for a minute or two before his alarms all started going crazy and we had to put him up. I remember it seeming like an eternity and now today, it seems even longer. The worst part was that I really felt like he wanted to be held. Logan and Lauren were usually asleep most of the time, but Lathan was always very alert. He would just stare at me with those big blue eyes and everyday I felt like he was disappointed that I just stared back and didn't sweep him up. I think I'll go hold him right now...just cause I can!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I found your blog while cruisin' around on Jenissa's blog. My oldest daughter was in the neo-natal for 12 days. She was 3 lbs. when she was born. I remember getting pictures of her sent to my room because I was too sick to get to the next floor to visit. Those days were hard. It was a happy time when you finally get to hold your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can never hold those babies too much. they are small for such a short time, one day they'll be too big to hold, so hold them every chance you get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I should come back over and hold him as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so very holdable! I have always loved that picture of him looking up at you that day. Such a sweet baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious! Waiting to hold Andrew was probably one of the hardest things for my heart ever, it's so great now when you can hold them whenever you like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's sure come a long way. We love you all!

    The Great Aunt Sue (and family)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The day you got to hold sweet Lathan was so special. Give him a kiss for me and tell him I miss him and I love him - and his brother and sister, too!

    Love,
    Grammie
    (Emmy sends a kiss, too!)

    ReplyDelete

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive