Friday, May 25, 2007

3:42 am

What were you doing at 3:42 am last night? Loggie had us all up for a slumber party!!!



I was actually kind of glad they all woke up. I was just about to go to bed and had been reading some blogs about two triplet families I've been keeping up with. One of the families lost all three of their little ones, 22 weekers, early Wednesday morning (they also lost an infant this past September to an unknown liver disease). Their story hit close to home because she was 22 weeks (when I was admitted with our trio) and her water had broken. When my water broke, I was told that as long as I avoided an infection that I could remain pregnant...making it to 28 weeks. This poor girl only lasted a couple of days before an infection set in and all three babies had to be born. They all three died shortly after birth.

Then there is the McConathy family whose triplets were born March 2nd of this year. Jaxon has been struggling for the past 84 days and has had some pretty major setbacks here lately. (His brother and sister passed away about 7 days after being born). Our trio's NICU days seem like a breeze compared to this little guys journey. Logan had to stay the longest, 76 days, poor little Jaxon is 84 days into this, still on the ventilator (got put back on ocillator tonight), had laser eye surgery last week and his eyes are having a tough time healing, and his tummy has never taken to food. Actually today he became even worse (they're pretty much back to square one) so if you can, sends some prayers their way.

So very sad, makes me REALLY appreciate my incredibly messy and unorganized house, crazy busy days, middle of the night slumber parties, and of course my healthy babies (who have gotten very good at pitching fits!).

AND...that $3345 you all helped us raise for the March of Dimes...even sweeter.

9 comments:

  1. God has truely blessed our family. I'm up at 4:24 right now to feed Emmy and very grateful for my healthy baby girl and my amazing niece and nephews. Love you all so much!!!

    Aunt JuJu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up at 4:30 and looked at that website. It broke my heart. We are so lucky to have such healthy (active) little babies - even if they like to show you that at 3:42 am!! Lauren doesn't look too happpy to be sharing this time with her brothers......maybe she is not such a night owl!

    Love,
    Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, looks like I was the only one sleeping soundly early this morning. Regardless, I am SO THANKFUL for all 4 babies in our family. Lauren, Lathan, Logan, and Emmy really put everything into perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute video!

    It really makes you realize how fortunate we are that our babies beat the odds!

    Makes me want to go hug and kiss my little guy right now.....he slept over at my parents last night and I can't wait for him to get home:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was up wondering what time the boys would get home from the midnight showing of the Pirate movie!

    You girls are so special - we're so lucky to be a part of your lives. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph,
    I check on Jaxon daily too. He has just been through so much. It really does make you thankful for our babies health. I am praying so hard that he makes it through this.
    I could have joined you as Alyssa decided to have a middle on the night party around 4:30 my time.

    Can you email me? I have lost your address. I have a question for you.
    Kimberly and the Georgia Guinn Triplets
    www.guinnfamilyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was up then too!! Cade has not been feeling well so he was tossing and turning all night! Wow, I didn't realize how many people were up at that time last night! We could of all had a slumber party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, how incredibly sad ... I've been thinking about baby Jaxon all day today.

    Waking up with three healthy babies, in the middle of the night, when that's on your mind is certainly no inconvenience at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breaking your water so early and making it to 28 weeks with your triplets is so amazing. They are truly miracles, and it is so great to see them doing so well in all aspects of their lives, from their health to their development.
    I often read other blogs that hit close to home. I think about coming into the hospital for a routine appoint and discovering I was already 3 centimeters dialted at 23 weeks and 2 days. I think of how if they'd been born two days before I went in, our NICU wouldn't have tried to resuscitate.
    When I read wbout those who lost one of their multiples it makes me hurt so deeply for that family. Thinking about how close we came to that reality always brings me to tears.
    I will definitely pray for Jaxon and his family.


    I'm glad you enjoyed your late night slumber party with your beauties!

    ReplyDelete

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive