Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Breaking News.... UPDATED

This just in...The Guinn Triplets are currently asleep in their OWN beds!!!



I honestly wasn't ready for this (I was kind of looking forward to a nice long nap cuddled in the middle of the babies!) but when we walked into the bedroom for naps, Logan crawled up in his toddler bed and said "I want to sleep in MY bed". He climbed up in it and put his head down - the others followed suit! We just got the third bed assembled and we don't even have them arranged like we want (yet) but this is a start! And although cosleeping with them is one of my most favorite habits we've formed (there's nothing like holding them all night long!), it has slowly gotten more and more crowded as the little ones (all 4 of them!) grow. The toddler beds are still in our room and will be indefinitely, so its kind of a win win. We get more room in our bed but still have the option of sneaking down to theirs if we want to snuggle!



UPDATED...

So after an hour or so, I went in to check on them. Still soundly sleeping only one minor change. Lathan (the BIGGEST CUDDLEBUG EVER!), made his way over to snuggle with Lauren!

AWE!!!

12 comments:

  1. They are just adorable! They are growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I'm not a co-sleeper (I just can't sleep with my girls in my bed... I just lay there trying to sleep) I'm glad that it has worked for you for so long.

    I love their bedding... where did you find it?? IT's precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grammie made the bedding!!! Isn't she the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While it is a celebration that everyone will have their own sleeping space... it's sort of sad at the same time. They're growing up, and Aunt Pammie just can't stand that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww!!! We're still cosleeping with all 4 of us in the bed - makes me sad to think about the day our boys will want their own beds. I love the bedding!!! Lathan cuddling with Lauren is so sweet! So awesome that they have each other. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just shows how grown up they're getting! I know it's sad but at least they're still in your room! Mine were booted out long ago. Except for Cole, who sleeps right next to me...if not in my arms, all night long. Soon his daddy will boot him out too but I will use the "he's my last baby" thing as long as I can!!

    When Daddy's out of town, all three of them share the bed with me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since Madison is STILL co-sleeping with us at almost 5 years old, the twins have NEVER slept with us. I don't think I could take 5 of us in a bed. As we speak, the twins are sound asleep in their own cribs in their own room. Now...just to get Madison moved to her room...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe.... that is so cute and yes, Grammie is wonderful! I wish I had that kind of talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look so cute! How did it go last night for bedtime? did they want to sleep with you or in their own beds? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is that??? Lathan is so sweet. I bet they all end up in the same bed at some point.

    Congrats to you and Patrick for taking that brave step. I know it's so hard!!!

    ReplyDelete

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive