Friday, September 12, 2008

Boys, Boys, Boys!!!



Yippeee!!!! We FINALLY found out!

At 13 weeks I had a 4D ultrasound and was asked if we wanted to know the gender. We did, but our doctor got called away for an emergency in the middle of our appointment and ran out the door before telling us. It wasn't too big of a deal because I didn't even know they could tell that early.

Then at my 16 week appointment, I thought for sure we'd find out (we found out at 15 weeks with the triplets). No ultrasound and was told that we'd get one in a month. Bummer.

My 20 week appointment was scheduled for tomorrow (Friday) but was cancelled due to Hurricane Ike. I was really disappointed thinking I would have to wait at least another week, but the office called this morning and said they could squeeze me in. Hooray! So I loaded up the trio, picked up Patrick and headed to the med center. The first thing Dr. Kirshon said when he started the ultrasound was "so you have 3 boys and a girl". It took a second but then I realized what he had just said!


I have been thinking that "it" may be a boy. I've been telling Patrick that this baby reminds me of how Logan was when I was pregnant with the trio. Logan was VERY active and layed in the same position as #4.

So Lauren will remain the princess of the household (and I fear for her future boyfriends!!!). Another boy - I can't wait!

I think we even have a name picked out, too...London! Ever since we started talking about London as a name it seems to stick out a lot (like street names, etc).

Lathan, Lauren, Logan & London - sounds pretty sweet to me!!!!

* Cute Loganism from the appointment today...Logan is a NEAT FREAK and is always looking for trash to throw away or for things to clean up. He was disgusted when the doctor spread ultrasound gel over my belly. He kept asking what it was and asking if he could wipe it off! He was genuinely concerned!

Also, this was the 1st time since the NICU that Dr Kirshon had seen the trio. At every appointment he goes over the highlights of my preterm labor and hospital bedrest and always asks how the trio are doing. I get chills because he tells me over and over how lucky we are that they are so healthy and doing so well. Today he just stood and looked at them and kept saying how he couldn't believe they were the same 28 weekers who struggled so much in the beginning. We are SOOOOOOO blessed!

Ok - off to bed - we had a busy day evacuating from the hurricane. :)

22 comments:

  1. congrats! Thats wonderful news- don't know if you know this or not but another triplet mama just found out the same day she is having another boy- I thought it was neat- ( got triplets/ babies)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I am thrilled for all of you.
    My daughter who is 9 is a London. I have met two others, one a boy the other a lil girl.
    Wishing you the best! I love keeping up with your trio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, sweet. another boy. Lauren will be the only princess. Poor Dayy though. She will always get what she wants. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww congrats! we just found out that our Logan is going to be the only prince of the house. 2 girlys:) I love the name you have picked out. Goes perfect with the others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations, sweet Lauren has no chance at future boyfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Steph! Three boys are a lot of fun! Lauren will love being the princess. They'll be awesome big brothers and sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I know all three will so enjoy their baby brother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations on another little boy. i sure he'll be just as adorable as his siblings! maybe his color will be red?

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOORAY!! I love the name LONDON!! It's one of my new favorite baby names! Good luck with IKE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can hardly wait to meet London Guinn! But, I'm so glad to hear that you guys have taken the babies to Stephenville for the weekend. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on a sweet baby boy!!! Hope ya'll are safe and sound from Ike, we just sheltered in place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! I love the name London too...they all have such strong names. I think it's neat that Lauren will be the "princess" still, but you're right, look out potential boyfriends!! Congrats again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much fun! We can't wait to meet London!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats. Nice you stayed with another "L" name. I have to ask though, is the hurricane expected to have a huge impact where you live?? Wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! How sweet! I was thinking of L names for you ;) ...and I came up with Landon...and London is not far off ;) You're half way there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Princess Lauren it is! Another boy friend for Avery:) We are so excited for you guys! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for a baby boy! London is perfect!!! So excited for you guys! I hope Ike leaves your new house alone! Good for you for evacuating - soooo many people decided not to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such exciting news! The name London is just adorable and it fits perfectly with the cadence of the other three names.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What wonderful news!! I guess it's boy time...it seems everywhere I go now everyone is having a boy! I am so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! I can finally comment now that we got power back at Jason's. I already have a baby present for your little boy, so I can't wait for you guys to get home.

    ReplyDelete

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive