Friday, September 7, 2007

Triplets At Play

Keeping Our Readers Happy! Here are some answers to some questions and requests we've had lately!

First, we've had some requests for video footage of the trio walking. Here goes...

*Its about 6 minutes of them just playing, dancing, etc. I should probably edit it a little to make it shorter but its 3am and I'm just plain tired!!!*



AND...

As far as turning the carseats back to rear facing,

Basically 20lbs is the absolute MINIMUM that a child should be turned to the front and the articles I read suggested looking in your car seat manual to find the maximum. Turns out, there is a sticker on the front of our car seats that reads REAR FACING 5-33lbs (we have Britax Roundabouts). I went to the American Academy of Pediatrics website and found that they too, recommend keeping infants and toddlers rear facing until the maximum your car seat allows. This article explains why
Why You Should Consider Extended Rear-Facing

I also watched these short clips of crash tests and it makes the decision pretty easy!

Forward Facing

vs

Rear Facing

There is a ton of information out there and if you want more just google "rear facing carseat"!

And last but not least, our car seat covers were custom made by a lady I found on ebay. She did an EXCELLENT job and the cover fits PERFECTLY (it completely replaces your original cover...its not just a slip cover). Every slit lines up exactly to the holes on the car seat and the entire cover fits the seat to a T! She has some auctions for premade covers or she can make it out of any fabric you send her (which is what she did for us). Here's a link to here current listing (the picture is of Lauren's cover!!!)

Custom Covers

*This auction is for Roundabouts, but she made Emmy one for her Marathon...all we had to do was ask her!*

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing us how well they're walking! They getting so big!

    Great, Cody's not even 30 pounds yet but he would be more vocal about turning him to face the back. Maybe I'll tighten his straps a little tighter...just loose enough to allow him to breathe.

    Lauren's a little dancin' fool! I think she dances better than her Aunt Pammie! Don't tell! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the video! I miss them so much when I'm at work, so it's nice to see them in action right here in my classroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah, um...what happened to your couches?? Didn't they used to be right under those windows?? Just wondering, I know you have a lot of kids in the house, but where do you sit??

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOur blog is not only cute and fun to visit, but it is also a life saver.
    Thanks for sharing the video and all the info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had mine one at a time, and there are only two of them, but they are basically grown now.
    Nice of you to share your beautiful babies with those of us who loved those toddling years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For additional information on carseats check the National Highway Traffic & Safety Administration
    (NHTSA)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, I forgot, thanks for the video of them walking. They just ramble around playing, driving cars, etc. Sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently took a carseat course to become a CarSeat Tech. for the State of Nebraska and Let me tell you, you want them rear facing as long as possible. If you have any questions let me know. I learned so much and feel 100% safer with my daughter too.
    http://www.gardnerdragonflydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great video! They are all so polite and play so nicely. Love the dancing!

    ReplyDelete

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive