Wednesday, September 5, 2007

On The Road Again

Monday afternoon, I packed up my little ones and set off on our first road trip (alone) to Shreveport.

Here they are with their new carseat covers that came in just in time for our trip...



And thanks to Shannon, I did some research and everyone is back to rear facing for the car. Good thing is, they didn't even mind the switch!



We only had to make one stop on the way there which wasn't bad at all. We stopped at a Starbuck's in Lufkin for a quick coffee and the babies had some goldfish. Changed diapers, loaded them back up and we were off!

We arrived safely at The Great Aunt Sue's casa at around 8:15pm, ate some delicious dinner and then were off to bed (the babies at least, Sue and I stayed up until almost 4 am talking!!!)

The next morning we got up and went to lunch at Cane's and then went shopping at Toys R Us where the trio adopted an Up Up Elmo...compliments of The Great Aunt Sue!!!

Lauren First Thing In The Morning



Their new Elmo



Later that night, we went to Robert's Boy Scout thingy...



And then on Wednesday, we got an extra special treat...

Its been almost a year since a nice lady named Denise sent me an email. Her cousin Frank and his wife Kimberly had just been blessed with triplets and when she was looking for their website she stumbled across ours. See, her cousin's last name was Guinn, meaning that there was (and are!!!) two sets of Guinn Triplets (not even 6 months apart!) The other Guinn triplets live in Georgia which is kind of far from us, however, Denise and a lot of the Guinn family live in a town outside of Shreveport, where my family is from. Both sets of Guinn Triplets have been to Lousiana in the past to visit family but never at the same time, so when Kimberly sent me a message saying that they were headed to Shreveport and I saw there was nothing on our calendar, we decided to make it an offical gathering of the Guinn Triplets!

The Texas Guinn Triplets and The Georgia Guinn Triplets (plus their Mommy's!!!)



Logan Meeting Alyssa



They seemed to hit it off!



Looking at some fishies (Logan may have been taking a wiz on the rock there!?!?!)



Lauren Meeting Alyssa



We all went to lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. The Georgia Guinn Triplet's Nana was very generous and treated us ALL ...(THANK YOU!!!)



A Very Well Behaved Bunch Of Babies At Lunch



And then sadly we had to say good bye. Hopefully we'll all "run into each" other again soon...they sure are a neat family!!!!



Not only did we say goodbye to the Georgia Guinn Triplets, but we also had to say farewell to our hostess Aunt Sue. We had had a GREAT time in Shreveport but Daddy was at home all lonely so we had to get back. The trio fell asleep on the way home from Joe's Crab Shack, I loaded up the car and then set off...Texas bound.

I had to wake them all up in Lufkin because we needed gas so we went ahead and pulled over to eat. There was a Catfish King that looked pretty empty so we tried it out. Everyone was overly friendly which was especially helpful when I got the Choo Choo Wagon stuck in the bathroom! (There were two sharp turns to get into the restroom which wasn't a big deal pulling it in. Reversing to leave however WAS a big deal!!!)

Loading up the car after our pit stop (They may have been embarrassed at the whole restroom situation!!!)



We're home now and the babies and their Daddy are all sleeping...I think I'll join them!

15 comments:

  1. How exciting! It looks like everyone had a great time, and I know it was fun for you and the babies to meet the other Guinn triplets. They sound like a really nice family. Everyone here sure did miss you and the babies and we are glad to have the Texas Guinn triplets home safe and sound!!

    Love,
    Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the seat covers! Sounds like you had a great time in Shreveport. The Great Aunt Sue is one nifty lady (even though she has enjoyed making fun of me in the past, on more than one occasion) I will NEVER drink Gatorade around her ever again :)

    When is it a good idea to face them forward again then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'm so glad you are back! I'm having some serious issues with these long periods in between visits. See you tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing mom! It's hard enough taking my ONE baby on a road trip.

    I have a couple of questions...can you tell us where you got those car seat covers because oh my gosh they are so cute!
    Also, I'm so curious about what research you found about how your babies should still be rear facing in their carseats. Can you let me know about that? Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed seeing and reading about your adventure to Shreveport to meet the Georgia Guinn Triplets - I wonder if they are related, even distantly.
    It looked like you all had a wonderful visit and lots of fun but I, too, am glad you made it home safely!
    Love to all, Grannie :))
    ps I still think you oughta write children's books!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! The seat covers look great! Can't wait to get ours! I laughed out loud at Loggie and the rock! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute car seat covers and pics! Looks like you had a wonderful time.
    I'm also curious about the research on rear facing. We don't have to worry about that for a long time to come but I love being informed.
    I always thought it was better for them to face forward so they could see where they are going....oops :)
    PS-Got the shirts...so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! What an awesome visit!! I think you should rent yourselves out, you're so much fun!! We miss you!!

    That was so great being there at the Guinn/Guinn meeting!

    You guys make us feel so special just being around you!

    We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those car seat covers are so cute!! Where did you find them? I've been looking for a couple for us!
    You are so brave to go on a road trip by yourself!! Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so delighted that all of you got together!

    Seems like yesterday I discovered there were at least two sets of Guinn triplets. I can't believe the Georgia girls are almost a year old!

    Thanks for the nice remarks. I check on all the Guinns everyday and enjoy the sites so much.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh!!! I just happen to live in Lufkin...sure wish I had been where you all were when you came through!!!! I would love to meet those precious babies...and Mom too!!! The car seat cover are precious as well....you always have them dressed soooo cute....makes me remember when mine were that age!!! They are 24 & 25 now...how I miss those precious years!!! Thanks for sharing them with everyone.
    Phyllis in the "Big Lufkin"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is so great that through the www, you now have some new friends. It is truly interesting about both having triplets so close in age.
    Now, if you are ever in Memphis, I expect a visit with you all too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's too incredibly weird how you guys met and SO neat that you finally hooked up.

    You are a brave soul to make the trip by yourself! Glad you had such a good trip. Your kids seem to be very well behaved in any situation. I'm thoroughly impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. those carseat covers are so cute, it looks like the guinn triplets had fun with the guinn triplets.
    I looked at the videos of the rear/forward facing and I can see why you put the babies back to rear facing

    ReplyDelete
  15. We just got back to GA and are getting to know all their toys again. Thanks for the wonderful time and I have some pics for you guys.

    PS thanks for the cute bows and oneies. We love them!

    Kimberly and the GA Guinn Triplets
    www.guinnfamilyhome.com

    ReplyDelete

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive