Monday, July 23, 2007

Overdue Post!!!

Oops...its been a while!

I had my D&C on the 11th and Aunt Pammie, Grammie & Aunt JuJu all went above and beyond to take care of the little ones (apparently they thought pain meds and triplets weren't a good combination)! Aunt Pammie kept them the day before my surgery while I did all of the preop stuff. Then she took over again, bright and early that next morning while Patrick and I headed to the hospital. Grammie stopped by on her lunch break and Aunt JuJu and Emmy arrived early that afternoon. They kept the babies overnight two nights in a row which was extremely helpful since I was told not to lift anything heavy for two weeks following the procedure (I have since broken that rule!). They were so helpful in fact, that when Aunt Pammie was leaving, Lathan waved to her and said "bye bye Momma"!!!

The D&C went well and we are thankful to have that behind us and a fresh start ahead. One of the preop nurses did make a comment that is STILL bugging me though. When asking about my medical history and prior pregnancies I told her about the triplets. Her response was "oh... so you didn't need this baby anyway". Ugh. I'd be willing to bet she's never lost a pregnancy and she probably had no trouble conceiving. Some people just don't get it. Oh well, moving on!


What ELSE have we been up to?

We've...

Had dinner at The Wilson's:

Logan



Lathan




Spent the day at ITZ (thanks for the idea Kearly Zoo!):

Logan & Grammie



Lauren & Lathan



Silly Babies



Lauren Riding Jay Jay the Jet Plane



Loggie



Lathan, Lauren & Logan



Lathan Playing Skiball
(Every since Lathan was pretty little he has always closed his eyes tight in anticipation of loud noices like car doors closing, etc. He did the same thing each time the skiball hit the table!)



Logan is WILD playing skiball!



It was a day (actually weekend) full of fun with cousins!

Robert & Daniel



Miss Emmy Sue



Not only were there games for the little ones, but the big kids found stuff to do too!

Daddy, Robert & Daniel



Lathan Stretched As Tall As He Could But He Still Didn't Make The Height Requirement To Ride The Big Stuff...Maybe Next Time!!!



Your ticket into ITZ is an all you can eat buffet stocked with pizza, tacos, salads and our favorite...ice cream!

Logan



Logan Sneaking A Sip Of Daddy's Soda



The Next Vanna



And I wish that we would have taken a picture of all of the little ones dressed a like at the beginning of our outing. This one was taken at the end when all were pretty tired and worn out!



Then, last Monday the trio celebrated their 1 Year Due Date Birthday (that's about the only perk I can think of that comes with being a preemie...You have TONS of birthdays and milestones to celebrate!!!)

Last year Aunt JuJu & Aunt Pammie got the little ones a cookie cake to celebrate...

Lauren 7/16/2006



Logan & Lathan 7/16/2006



THIS year, Grammie got the babies a new car for their "birthday"!



Logan



The babies LOVE the car and Lathan has mastered giving rides, and pushes the others around the living room. What he hasn't mastered is waiting until the rider is ready and aware that they are about to get a ride. Nor does he know that you have to push from behind, otherwise...















Not only did the babies get a new car on their birthday, but so did Mommy! We upgraded from our Ford Explorer to a much roomier Z71 Suburban!



So now instead of the babies being squished (and able to steal each others toys and bottles)



They each have their own space!



And that's pretty much what we've been up to. Lauren did find a lovely Beret in a stack of some hand me downs from a co worker of Patrick's. I guess its from wearing a bow all of the time...the girl likes to wear hats!

She played with the beret on...







Ate lunch with the beret on...



Climbed the stairs in a beret...



And even enjoyed a popcicle in a beret...



Gotta Love Her!!!



And last but not least, this past Saturday, Daddy and the boys had a night to themselves while Lauren, Grammie and I attended a wedding. Lauren had been a little under the weather earlier that day and wasn't in the best of moods, but she did pretty well and I think she enjoyed her Girl's Night Out!

Lauren and her friend Ms Debe



Lauren Dancing



Lauren & Mommy




Now then, I think I'm caught up...I'm off to bed!!!!!!!!



17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the catch up! My daughter also LOVES her little car... I just need someone to push her around! :)

    Sorry to hear about the terrible comment that the nurse made! Some people just don't know when the shut up. Don't let her get to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cringed when I read the comment made by that nurse. A nurse should understand the sensitivity of going through a loss of a baby, even in the first trimester. I love the pic of Lathan with his eyes shut!! Too cute! That car is the best! I hope Lauren doesn't get run over too much! Loving your new SUV too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, I am so sorry that nurse made that comment. We've struggled with infetility as well, and people just don't get it unless they've been through it. People always try to minimize Logan's death by saying "at least you have Cooper." As if Logan was just a spare. It still hurts me when people act as if infertility is not that big a deal.

    On to happier and cuter things... the trips look great as usual! Lauren really is a little prisspot! I love her in the beret, she sure knows how to accessorize!

    The boys are adorable as well, I love the photos of them in the car. The one of Lauren getting rolled over is funny, I guess it just shows how crazy (and fun) life is with three little ones!

    Hang in there, thanks for the great update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Even though I am lucky to spend a lot of time with your kiddos, I was excited to see a post. We really have been busy, haven't we?

    P.S. I could just kick that nurse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emmy BETH asnd I sure do miss you all! I was very excited to see all of the pics! Your new car sure looks nice and so does the babies'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise from LouisianaJuly 23, 2007 at 11:21 AM

    Stupid nurse! So sorry you had to hear such insensitivity.

    I actually laughed out loud at poor Lauren sliding out of the car. Hope she wasn't hurt.

    I enjoy watching your babies so much. Thanks you for sharing them with us. I really plan on meeting you someday! We have to get both sets of Guinn triplets together.

    Take care, good to see you back and catch up.
    Denise from Louisiana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you through Lindsay at splat designs, she has been my friend for over 10 years. I love looking at your blog, your kids are so beautiful!
    I just can't believe a nurse would say something like that. I had a few rude comments when I was pregnant, it is so hard to believe that people really do not think before they speak!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie,
    That nurse should be reported. It is not her job to make insensitive comments or "judgements". I am so sorry she said what she did. We have been keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers. Please know we are thinking of you!

    The babies look wonderful! From what i can see in some of their pictures they are walking?! What fun! I love your blog. Kelsey says it is the highlight of her day. She missed your pictures and sends her best to the babies. you take care!!! : )

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love my daily dose of the Guinn's! You guys had a busy week! I am so sorry to hear about your oh so sensitive nurse. Just remember that we all love you and are praying that you have a speedy emotional and physical recovery.
    The babies new ride is sure to keep them occupied for hours which is GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that PLUS deal with an insensitive nurse. Geez!

    I'm glad to see everyone is doing well now! They are getting so big and they're OH so cute!

    Wasn't ITZ great? Just wait until they can ride the train...you'll never get them off of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I almost forgot...congrats on the new car! You have SO much room now (even for #4 and #5 down the road).. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I might have punched that nurse had I been in your shoes. To say that while you are going through that process was horrid. You should call and complain. People should not get away with rude comments.

    The pictures of the babes are wonderful. I love the hat on lauren. She is so cute! I hope you are feeling better!

    Kimberly and the GA Guinn Girls

    ReplyDelete
  13. That horrid nurse should be slapped! Really, you should consider filing some sort of official complaint with the hospital. Maybe if her supervisor is aware of the things she's saying to patients, others won't have to deal with it in the future.

    As for your new car, it's a beauty! We just got a new 2007 Suburban four days ago. Gotta love all the space they offer! We went up in size from a Trailblazer. I don't know how we ever survived with so little space. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also wanted to chime in about how horrifyingly insensitive that nurse's comment was. I cannot even imagine being on the receiving side of that. Like Sarah, we continually get comments like "at least you have one" and, like Sarah, it never stops hurting to hear that.

    The kids are totally cute in these pics and I love the matching outfits. It looks like everyone in the family had some fun this past weekend and I am very happy to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to have a D&C when I had a miscarriage too. My nurse said something along the line of "oh well, at least you have one baby at home yet". Didn't she get it that I wanted this baby too? I realize people say stupid things but they should think before they talk. I guess you just take these comments with a grain of salt and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those crocs that the babies have are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your kids' faces are totally changing. The picture of Logan with ice cream on his upper lip...his face is getting so mature, if you know what I mean. He doesn't look like a baby anymore, but like a boy. It's so exciting!!!
    I am still waiting for the b-day tees, I am sure they'll get here any day. I wish I lived near you. Our kids are almost the same age, and my triplets are so so active and happy, just like yours (except when they're teething...can't blame them!!) I think they'd have a blast together!-- Malena

    ReplyDelete

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive