Saturday, January 13, 2007

Flashback Friday

We recently purchased some new software to retrieve our home videos from our Sony Handycam onto our computer. We really haven't used the camera much since our NICU days because we weren't sure we would ever be able to do anything with the footage, but now that we've figured it out you can expect LOTS more video posts from us!

The clips that we just downloaded from the NICU amaze me. I can't believe how far these babies have come. Earlier this fall I started writing about our NICU experience and all that the babies had overcome but I never finished. So today I am starting Flashback Fridays to serve a couple of purposes. Number one, to get down all my memories while they're still fresh so that one day down the road I can share with the babies all that happened during their first few months. Secondly, I will finally be able to share some of the very early video clips that I've just now figured out how to use! And last but not least, it will be a good reminder to all of us why we're participating in the March of Dimes WalkAmerica this Spring.

Here's a picture video, kind of a timeline, of our NICU Days. The song "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter was extremely popular and on the radio pretty much every other song starting from when I checked in to the hospital and throughout all of our hospital stays. It was our official theme song from March to July so it only made since to be the soundtrack for this video!




And please support us if you can as we help do our part to save other preemies and sick babies! We've already raised almost $100 and we know we can do lots more!
www.walkamerica.org/personal_page.asp?w=677714

10 comments:

  1. It is crazy that I don't even remember them being THAT small!!! Seeing those pictures always reminds me of what little miracles thay truly are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video. I was going to use that same song in a video of my babies, but never got around to it.

    Your babies have come a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video! They are beautiful and I am so happy that they are all home with you now.

    Found you at Nicole's...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is truly amazing! Those babies (and you and your husband) have come so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great video! I was in tears seeing all the itty bitty babies!
    I am the owner of Splat Designs... I saw that you commented on All That Sassafrass... thanks for visiting. I am about to do another FREE template give away so check back soon and sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww. Your babies HAVE come a LONG way it looks like. That is incredible. They are all so precious. I know you and your husband are extremely blessed. I just can't imagine 3 tiny babies all at once. You are AWESOME!!!

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful video! And what little blessing you have getting to watch them get bigger each day!

    I wanted to let you know that I also have a Splat Design blog (Lindsay is actually one of my friends) and I saw you on Amazing Trips... we must visit the same blogs! Anyway, just thought I would drop by again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guinn Family,

    God truly has his hands on your family! Thanks for the reminder of how long and how far your babies have come. They look so wonderful and always have. God Bless and thanks, as always for sharing your incredible journey!

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  9. they have came a long way!
    there are so cute

    Love,
    The kearley Zoo
    Brittney Kearley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stephanie,

    My daughter LOVES to see pictures and videos of your kids. She didn't realize exactly HOW small they were at first. She loves to check your blog for updates....by the way, she's only 9!!

    She STILL says that she wants a baby sister. I'm sorry to tell her that is NOT going to happen. She is just going to pretend that Lauren is her sister...is that ok? ha ha Unless you want to give Lauren up for a few days so she can have her "fix". Anyway, she told me she commented and she actually did!

    The babies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive