Thursday, April 26, 2007

Their First Birthday...

Grandma Gonna Be ordered me preemie dolls for Christmas. They are the EXACT size that the triplets were April 25, 2006. The dolls are made using the hospital measurements (head circumference, length, weight, foot length, etc) and truly show, much better than pictures, how tiny our three were. If we would have been able to hold them the day they were born this is what they would have looked like...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And one year later...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We sure have come a long way!!!


Our first birthday...

Poor little ones spent their first birthday not feeling well. Logan is still recovering from his ear infection and Lauren and Lathan both stayed up Tuesday night/Wednesday morning burning up with fever. We ended up spending much of our afternoon at the pediatrician.

Here they are waiting to be seen by the doctor. They really didn't look sick!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And other than a fever, there wasn't anything wrong with them. She checked their ears, throats, etc and nothing appeared to be out of whack. Assuming its just a little virus she sent us home with some instructions for some over the counter meds.

By the time the evening rolled around, everyone seemed to be feeling ok so we kept our dinner plans and took the birthday babies to Fuddruckers.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The trio shared their first hotdog and had an array of desserts. Fuddruckers gave them ice cream and Granny brought them cupcakes!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lathan

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lauren

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Logan

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We finished up our celebration at the resteraunt and then took the babies home to open thier presents from Grammie.

Lathan rings the bell...he had a GREAT time!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Grammie has us set for summer. Each baby got all kinds of beach stuff including sand toys, swim suits and Lauren's favorite, a tiny boat!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It turned out to be a pretty good day and now we're going to work on getting/keeping these little ones well for their party this weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Hello...I stubbled across your blog and love reading about your trips. I myself have twin girls they are 7 months old. I have been reading your blog for weeks I think I found you via the Bollines? I can't remember sorry, I love surfing the blog world. Anyhow I just had to write, I absolutely love the bows that Lauren wears my girls are hair impaired. Do you make these? Also my girls were preemies not nearly as early as your babies but I love the dolls could I ask where your mother in law ordered them from? I think that is such a neat way to remember. If you have time, I know how busy you must be I would love to hear from you.

    Rachel

    rachelhunt@zoominternet.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a WONDERFUL time last night! I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you guys :) Nonetheless, it was fun "talking" with the babies last night on the phone and I'm very excited to see you all tomorrow...well actually probably not until Saturday morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun day! and Fuddruckers...can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephaine, I would love to know were the dolls were ordered from as well. I would love to get these done for my twins that will be two in October...:( Thanks so much!

    Hope the birthday is a big sucess!

    Amanda
    Luke & Brooklynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kimberly and the Georgia Guinn TripletsApril 26, 2007 at 4:46 PM

    Steph,
    The dolls were great. Please post where your Grandma got them. Also, hope you don't mind but I gave your blog name to a lady on the triplet connection. She lives in Shreveport and has bbb trips. Anyways, Happy Birthday, again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are seriously SO BIG!! You would never know they were that small!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just gonna ask about Lauren's bows. (but Rachel commented on them first) They are so cute. They look so much more comfy than those "brain squeeze" things that some baby girls wear...Ouch.
    Do you make her bows?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to You! Congratulations on making through the 1st year. Our trio turned one 2 weeks ago and had a blast at their party. I hope yours is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! My how they've grown!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the picture of the three of them going after the ice cream. That should be their official 1st birthday picture. What cuties! Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love the picture of the three of them looking at the dessert on the table, they have that look in their eyes like my son gets. "Let me at that yummy stuff"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Happy Happy Birthday to Lauren, Lathan and Logan!!! They look so happy and so healthy. You've been so lucky with their health since their NICU stay. We seem to have a touch of a fever virus around here too. It's frustrating. Hang in there!

    I can't wait to read about the next year's blogging adventures.

    P.S. I love the dolls and Lauren's bows are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Logan, Lauren and Lathan! Have a great time at your first birthday and make sure you get cake everywhere!
    Shannon and Carey
    Abigail and Porter

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had a blast at their birthday celebration. Can't wait for the party!!

    ReplyDelete

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive