Saturday, February 10, 2007

Uncle Aaron & Aunt Ali

This is kind of neat...

When I was in high school I was on drill team - The Highsteppers. Most of my friends today are still those friends that I danced with many years ago, Natalie, Amber, Kristen, Sara, Emily etc. What's really neat about this is that one of my drill team friends, Ali, is about to be related to my babies! I just think back to 10+ years ago, goofing around with Ali and I imagine telling her: One day, I am going to go to college and become close friends with your boyfriend (now fiance - Aaron). He is going to introduce me to his cousin (Patrick) and we will marry and have triplets. Then, you and Aaron will marry and you will be my babies Aunt (I know its not technically their Aunt, but you get the idea). Kind of hard to follow, but its just one of those fun things!

Maybe a little less complicated (and more fun) to tell in pictures)...

Daddy (Patrick) and Aaron grow up together - cousins.
Uncle Aaron is the cute blonde and Daddy is the big boy who looks like he is about to deck little Aaron, possibly for stealing all of the presents!!!





Daddy & Uncle Aaron. Too cool for words.



Meanwhile, Mommy begins to dance and makes the junior high drill team, as does Aunt Ali.



I wasn't really close with Ali until high school when we stood next together, two hours each day, during practice for our high school drill team.




During this time, Ali dated Aaron. Aaron and I graduated together but didn't really know each other too well until our freshman year of college. However, once we met up that first semester, we spent pretty much every minute together. We had some of the same classes and spent hours and hours together goofing around, I mean studying, in mine and Natalie's dorm room.



We had so much fun with Aaron! He let us practice different hair style techniques...




And even taught us some tips of his own...



Aaron was our hero on numerous occations, this one especially when he came to our rescue and trapped a mouse that had found its way into our kitchen thanks to the construction in the field behind our apartment.



Natalie had a boyfriend at the time and Ali and Aaron were "on a break". Neither Aaron nor I had a car our first year so our primary means of transportation was often Aaron's cousin, Patrick (aka Daddy). The following year, we all moved out of the dorms, Aaron into an apartment with Patrick and Natalie and I a few doors down in the same complex. All of our friendships grew stronger and Patrick and I started dating.

Daddy, Mommy & Uncle Aaron '97



Throughout our college years we all remained the best of friends. I remember MANY times laying out by the pool, studying at the same time I'm sure, and telling Aaron that I was just positive that some day he and Ali would get back together and that someday they would marry. Fast forward a couple of years and now today, we are just weeks away from that actually happening!


This past weekend, we celebrated Daddy's birthday with his family and got to spend some time with Aunt Ali and Uncle Aaron.

Logan LOVES Ali...he must sense her wild side!!! They make goofy faces at each other and somehow she always manages to put him to sleep!



Logan and Ali (The weekend before Thanksgiving)



Logan, Aunt Ali & Uncle Aaron




I just think it is so neat that friends I've had for years, are now the people who my babies are related to and that we'll all be spending our holidays together from now on!


The End!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! The babies are very lucky to have a fun aunt like Ali...just a couple of more weeks!!! Congrats to Aaron and Ali too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While the story is great, the pictures are not. I still need counseling for the pseudo cowboy attire my Mother put me in; it had to be Halloween…right? Patrick still looks at me like that at Christmas time. Thanks for the trip down memory lane Steph, but did you have to make it a picture book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great time looking back through pictures and to tell you the truth Aaron...these were some of the LEAST embarrassing that I had!!! I'm locking the rest of them up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive