Thursday, December 18, 2008

Natchitoches

This past weekend we took a quick trip to Natchitoches, Louisiana for the annual Festival of Lights.

We got to Natchitoches just in time to eat (Aunt Sue and Uncle Marty made gumbo, red beans and rice and 7 layer dip...YUM!) and then headed to the festival. We took a barge out and were right in the middle of the lights and fire works...it was PERFECT!

Daddy & Logan



Triplets on boat




The sides of the river were lined with Christmas lights...



It was all fun and games until the boat started taking on water and we almost recreated the scene from Titanic!!! Heehee...just the kind of stuff memories are made of! (It really wasn't bad at all - right Aunt Pammie?!?!?) Lauren took advantage of the situation and asked if she could get new shoes. Ever since, when I put on her tennies, she tells me they are wet (which they of course are not!!)

On Sunday, we got up and The Poole's gave the triplets their Christmas presents. Those pictures are on another camera that I'll have to upload later.

Thanks Sue & Gang for such a fun time!!!

9 comments:

  1. The trip to Natchitoches was fun!! Okay, Uncle Marty underestimated the number of people who could be in the front of the barge. But as Daniel told Pammy, "if you had just propped your feet up, you wouldn't have gotten wet". I just wish we had a video of Pammy clearing the gate at the front of the barge while Daniel calmly put his feet in a chair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Lauren! Way to find the silver lining in the wet shoe situation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! My dad's whole side of the family is from Natchitoches. I love it there! Such a sweet town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had forgotten how neat the lights are until I saw your kiddos enjoy them. They sure do make everything fun! It's a good thing Aunt Pammie reacted and alerted everyone. "We're sinking! Oh my god, we're sinking!"... okay, so I can be a bit dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry we missed that...well, all except the wet feet part. Lauren is picking up on just how to get new clothes and shoes...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVE Natchitoches! I went to college there. It is a really beautiful place to be this time of year. It looks like you had a great time.

    Don't worry about the boat taking on water. It's tradition. Both years that I was there they had a boat have to be rescued from the water because of water issues. LOL!

    PS: I need your new address, so I can send you guys a Christmas Card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to enjoy the scenery. Oh, and doesn't every girl love new shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me homesick! I grew up about an hour and half away from Natchitoches.. around Alexandria.

    I stop there and buy Natchitoches meat pies every time we go home to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Natchitoches!! Where I obviously wasn't eating enough grapes and meat pies! Or your Aunt Sue making fun of me drinking my gatorade. I will never forget the only weekend I spent there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive