Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lathan's Accident

Poor Lathan had an accident while we were grocery shopping tonight. He took a big fall and hit his head REALLY hard on the concrete...it took him a long time to catch his breath and immediately his head boo boo started turning purple. Patrick and I didn't like the way he was acting - he was very clammy and his face was white as a ghost so we ditched out shopping basket and took off for the ER.


He was acting much better by the time we got there but we stayed just in case. With his history of brain injury (bilateral brain bleeds that at last check were resolving but leaving cysts behind) they went ahead and ordered a CAT scan. I wasn't able to go with him (booooo) because of the pregnancy but Patrick stayed with him the entire time and said he was PERFECT! Lathan came back to the room grinning from ear to ear with 3 stickers and a big story about the donut that took his picture!

Lathan and Daddy




Just chillin watching some Disney channel



Lathan is fine. His tests showed nothing abnormal - he'll probably just have a nice knot on his head and a bit of a headache!



THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Grammie and Aunt Pammie for picking up Lauren and Logan and letting Patrick and I give Lathan all of our attention (and for the camera, the Toys R Us run (Lathan took the puppy in with him for the scan!!) AND the animal cookies)! You saved the day!

14 comments:

  1. OH NO! I'm glad he's okay! That must have been so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby! I'm sure glad he's okay. He was so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that he's okay. So scary when they get hurt! I've never had to go to the ER yet, but I know it'll happen one day before we know it unfortunately...
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Lathan! I am so glad he is okay. Tell him we said to feel better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. scary...scary...so glad he's okay! poor little guy :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Bubba!!! Silly Lathan - we were just talking about him being the daring one - proved us right. Maybe his bump will match Avery's??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad he got some one on one time with you guys! That probably made everything better right there.

    I guess it was a good enough reason to keep Aunt Pammie away from us last night! Hope he gets better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Lathan!!! :( I'm so glad everything is okay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. (Denise - Georgia Guinn's cousin)

    Poor Lathan! And how brave he was. I am so glad everything checked out OK.

    Stephanie, I have been away from the site for several months and just wanted to say how thrilled I am to read about London! You guys are such wonderful parents and this new little one is a lucky fellow.
    Take care of yourself and the family. Hope we will meet someday.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor little man! Wishing him a super speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Speedy recovery to Lathan!

    Best thoughts and lots of LOVE from
    Uncle Michael, Aunt Karla, Amy and Andrew....

    The Pearson Family

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor baby, I am so glad he is ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad tohear Lathan is getting better.


    Question, one of the boys. not sure which at this momoent, is always in blue, the other in green and Lauren in pink. Is London's color going to be orange?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad Nay Nay is okay! How scary!!! I hope he's feeling better. I'd be honored to take photos of your crew the next time you're in Austin (or San Antonio!)

    ReplyDelete

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive