Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Meme

I was tagged for a meme a few days ago by Teresa (http://kearleyzoo.blogspot.com/), one of my blogging buddies! Its funny how all of these blogs between Mom's are connected. I started chatting in an infertility chat room (Resolve) in January '04 where I "met" Jen x3 (http://amazingtrips.blogspot.com/). I was looking on Jen's blog one day and in her comments section, Teresa had posted a comment to Jen about OUR triplets. I then went to Teresa page and got hooked on her blog! It wasn't but a few weeks later we were standing in line for a coke at the mall when Teresa recognizes us and comes over to meet us. Long story short she is one of Mom's friends coworkers!

From what I've read, a meme appears to be 9 weird things about yourself to let those who read your blog know more about you. It also seems to be a good way to remind those readers the purpose of your blog, ours obviously being to share this amazing journey with those that we love and who have supported us these past few years. That's it. Not to comment on our parenting style (for the record "Samantha", our babies are in no way mistreated and they love their Podee bottles!) nor should it be a means for keeping score of any kind. Just purely for fun!

On the other hand, it is so nice to read all of the sweet comments (and emails) and know that for the most part the blog is serving its purpose and that people all over the country are getting to enjoy a piece of our lives.

And so on with the meme...

1) I think that babies in socks look RIDICULOUS. Not so much if they are wearing pants, but if our babies are wearing just a onesie, socks are out of the question. (Blankets are the preferred method of warmth for my kiddos!). I'll even take it one step further and say that for the most part, our babies won't ever be seen in shorts. Yuck. One piece outfits that are shorts are great, but as a general rule, when the shorts are separate, they just don't do anything for those itty bitty legs.

2) I am addicted to other people's blogs but I rarely leave comments. Strange because I love it when people leave comments on my own page. I'll have to get better about that because otherwise I'm kind of just a stalker!!!

3) I HATE mornings. I'm even trying to train the babies to sleep in, which has worked for the most part. We still get up early to feed but then go right back down and sometimes don't get up until 11am or 12! I'm sure once we are all consistently sleeping through the night and taking good naps during the day that we will be earlier to rise but for now I'm sticking with our current drill!

4) Kind of weird but I would love to have another baby and if I found out tomorrow that I was pregnant I would be ecstatic. I may have to keep Patrick liquored up for a while and we would completely drown financially (as it is the babies have started consuming $600 a month on formula alone!) but otherwise I think it would be fun! Realistically though, I know that if we were to ever have any more babies it would be once the triplets were older (Patrick says that I can't mention it again to him until the trio turns 5). That works for me. I'll just enjoy these babies and get them off to school, then we'll start over! I would really just like to experience some of the normal aspects of having a baby (one at a time). It would be great to carry a baby to term with no bedrest, skip the emergency c-section (turns out, those suck), hear the baby cry when it entered the world (Logan let out a little whimper but the other's were silent...pretty scary) and hold a baby the second it was born (not days later or in Lathan's case 3 weeks after). And how neat it must be to bring a baby home from the hospital when you go home. Leaving our trio each night was torture, I hated it. I do realize though, that I have been ABSOLUTELY blessed with our three and if God never gave me any more I would have NOTHING to complain about. That's what's kind of cool about it, no stress, if it happens some day it happens!

5) Perfect closets make me happy! I'd rather have junk sitting around than cram it into a clean closet. A little backwards I know, but for some reason an organized, tidy closet means a lot to me. Go figure!

6) This isn't necessarily weird, just something about me. I LOVE my family! If I could choose what I would do every weekend, it would be to have a big family get-together at Mom's. I love it when Sue, Marty, Grandma and the boys come in town, both sisters are there and we all just hang out, munchin on yummies that Mom made, talking, laughing and being silly. Probably the thing that made me happiest when I was in the hospital was a surprise visit from The Poole's and Grandma. Everyone crammed into my room, we ate and for a second I forgot where I was (until I looked over and saw poor Uncle Marty sitting on my potty chair because there was no place else to sit)! And on holidays when Uncle Brian, Aunt Tonya and Jason are thrown into the mix along with the occasional O'Quinn visit...I'm in heaven.

7) Now, as much as I like being surrounded by tons of family I also love my alone time. I guess that's why I stay up so late at night, otherwise I would never get that anymore.

8) I HATE to talk on the phone. Hate it, hate it, hate it! I like to hear from Patrick, my Mom and sisters but when it comes to having long conversations which turn in to talking about nothing I get frustrated. On the other hand, I LOVE email. Just the facts, no talking just to talk, no nonsense!

9) Hmmm, I guess another weird thing about me is that I may be one of the few people I know to not be addicted to Grey's Anatomy. I'll watch it if its on, but I would much rather be tuned in to NBC, watching My Name is Earl and The Office. I much prefer a comedy over a drama. Same goes for movies. Don't really love chick flicks, actions or mysteries but I could watch senseless movies like Wedding Crashers and 40 year Old Virgin a hundred times.

So that's the end of my meme. Now its my turn to tag some bloggers.
Julie (http://newallenaddition.blogspot.com/),
Amanda (http://lawlessbaby.blogspot.com/),
Abrah (http://abby1981.blogspot.com/) and
Lisa (http://thesundermans.blogspot.com/)...its your turn!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm SOOO glad you participated! That's great...you're not so weird though. I was hoping for more dirt, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I have posted my meme on my blog. There is an additional project for you to take part in so visit my blog to see..."The FOUR Tag". Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everything you said. Especially the part about socks! I remember when my girls were babies, the socks never stayed on very long. Those feet are tiny only once and oh, so kissable!!! : ) I'm still training mine to sleep in - my oldest is 7 - it has not worked yet! Again, thanks for sharing the babies with us. I know from Pam how much they were wanted. You truly are blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive