Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ears

Lauren...you got your ears pierced today!

We had plans to go to Hobby Lobby and run some errands with Grammie but while we were getting dressed, you started asking about my earrings. You've asked before when you would be able to wear "real" earrings and I've always told you that whenever you're ready, I would take you. You usually asks me again how they pierce your ears and then say "maybe when I'm 9"! Today though it was different. I told you how it might feel and you were fine with it - so we went with it! I fully expected you to chicken out, even up until the last second (you're the one who gets nervous about getting your teeth cleaned or ears checked out at the pedi) but you were a champ! The manager at Sweet and Sassy talked you through everything and was great. We picked out your earrings and another employee came to help. You sat in my lap, they put the guns on your ears, we counted to three and that was it - no tears...you didn't even flinch! They showed you a mirror and your huge grin was priceless. I watched your face light up and couldn't believe how grown up you've gotten. You got to pick out a lollipop, walk the runway and they took your picture for your certificate.



Ready to face the world with sparkly earrings!





Our afternoon of running errands turned into a session of spoiling Miss Lauren. Grammie took you to Charming Charlie and you got some purple bracelets. We went to Starbucks for your favorite - pumpkin bread, and then Grammie got you some popsicle lip gloss from Sweet and Sassy :)















Such a wonderful day - I'll remember it forever! LOVE YOU LAUREN!!!



We were greeted at the door by this cutie...Lathan wearing Daddy's shoes and hat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Followers

Blog Archive